Thursday, November 1, 2007

It's a Great Pumpkin Miracle!

We didn't even have to confiscate any candy. I never would have believed you if you told me she would actually put on the butterfly costume. But I have the pictures to prove it! While I was helping the boys to get ready, I brought the costume up to iron it. She followed me up and when she saw the wings, said "ooh, my bootiful butterfly wings!" I just acted like she hadn't refused the day before. She let me put it on and then ran around to flap the wings.

The kids had a good time playing games and earning candy. Both Romania and Egypt won cakes in the cake walk. Romania was very persistent and played for about 30 minutes before winning.
It was a nice family evening and not a truckload of candy. We even got home at a reasonable hour and I was able to read to the boys from the Frank Peretti book we're reading.

No comments: