Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The pretty butterfly

It's official. My three year old hates her hand-made costume for the Harvest Party tonight. I showed it to her yesterday and she looked at it and said "yucky". Mind you, this is the same little person who kept bugging me to make her a butterfly. Making this costume involved three trips to the fabric store, one trip to the hardware store and many late night hours working on this. I've made costumes for my boys the first 5 or 6 years of their lives. We only had one cow incident. I'm telling my husband about her refusal to wear my handiwork. And he says (this is good) "We'll just tell her she can't get candy unless she wears the costume!" Oh- brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?? That will definitely work on a 3 year-old. We'll just confiscate all the candy she gets playing games tonight.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the costume. Maybe I should enshrine it as an example of hard work gone awry. Maybe I should sell it on ebay. I'm sure as soon as I get rid of it, she'll ask where it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put it in your cedar chest and pull it out when she has a three year old daughter. Maybe it will skip a generation and she'll have a girl who loves what her mother makes. You always liked what mom made you
Heather

Anonymous said...

Great idea Heather! Or, even better yet, let sweet, little Samantha borrow it.