Friday, November 9, 2007

Shoeboxes

This morning we went to the store to buy items for our shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. Holland was off from school today, so I thought we'd do something productive. The boys and I decided to do one box for a girl age 5-9 and one for a boy age 5-9. We made a list of things we wanted to look for so we wouldn't get side-tracked. I kept reminding them that we were doing something for someone else and there was to be no asking for things in the store. (They did pretty good here. It is really hard to look at toys and not want them!) They picked out great stuff for each child. We filled the boxes when we got home and I wrapped them in Christmas paper. The collection is November 12-19th so we are all ready to have these shipped off to some faraway place.

It's great to have opportunities to share with others. Hopefully my kids are learning about doing something for others and being thankful for what they have.

Check out the short video at the end of my blog and put together a shoebox today for a child in need!

No comments: