Friday, January 4, 2008

Big Mess

Sometimes I want to rip up the carpet in my house and throw it in the washing machine. Either that, or just rip it up. Having three kids, you're bound to have things spill on the floor. Someone "forgets" and brings hot cocoa into the family room. They start horsing around and then it gets spilled. Egypt has taken to changing her own diaper. Not the urine soaked ones; the other kind. Yes, it does make for a messy floor. She uses about 20 wipes to get it all off.

Today's mess had nothing to do with kids spilling stuff. My cat, who is about 15 years old, likes to hang out in our room. She lounges on the bed (or under it if she doesn't want to be bothered). Lately she has been throwing up. At first I thought it was just hairballs, but it's actually food. (gross, I know) During Egypt's non-nap today, I kept hearing noises upstairs. I went up, and there is my cat throwing up on the carpet. Two minutes before that, she had been laying on an old blanket that Egypt had spread out for us to play on. Why couldn't the cat have thrown up ON the blanket? Now I have a huge gross spot right on the carpet. If we were to sell our house, the people would think we lived like animals with all the stains on the carpets, drawings on the walls, broken molding and peeling paint.

1 comment:

Laura and the family said...

I sympathize you! I sometimes wanted to pull my hair out when there is a big mess in our home, too. Tons of things to do. Guess that s the reason God has given us a test: patience.