Friday, October 19, 2007

The new bed

We set up a new bed for H. the other day. We got this great (free!) wooden bunk bed, complete with two mattresses, no less. We actually got it this summer, but weren't ready to switch the 2 1/2 year old to a twin bed yet. I like my sleep, so keeping her in the crib was for my benefit, not hers! She could crawl out, but rarely did. She just yells at the top of her lungs "help me! help me!". You'd think some huge bug was ready to crawl into bed with her. So, the bunks stayed hidden in the basement until we (meaning I) were ready to deal with one more kid who could get out of bed at 2 a.m. The other night, hubby took apart H's bed and transferred it to our daughter's room. Why aren't doorways wider? He slept on the floor a few nights, which is nothing to him. He's been making his sleeping arrangments in his closet. We've emptied his room. Mostly because I'm so sick of stepping on a gazillion toys in the dark. So, he crammed a big pillow and a sleeping bag, a giant stuffed horse and he was set. Now he's on a mattress on the floor and lovin' it.

No comments: