Saturday, February 21, 2009

"I want to sell this rock"


That's right. Holland wants to sell a rock. A neighbor boy convinced him that this was worth at least $100 and he's insisting that I list it on ebay. I told him nobody would want to buy a rock, but he begs to differ. I checked on ebay and the only rocks like this that were selling (and they were hardly selling) were those pretty Thunder Eggs, all smooth and polished. Ever since I started listing clothes to sell on ebay, the boys have been bugging me to sell their stuff so they could earn some money. I decided to list it on Craigslist instead, so I wouldn't have to deal with far off places or the listing fees. We had no takers. Not even one person was interested. So I can't imagine that listing a rock will get much response either. I just can't convince him that listing a rock makes no sense. I'm still convinced that his curiosity will benefit him somehow in his adult life. Maybe he'll come up with some new show for the Discovery Channel.
Posted by Picasa