Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Oops

The kids have been taking swim lessons last week and this week. The boys are in the same class and Egypt had just one other boy in her class last week. This week, she's all by herself, so it's like a private lesson without payin' the big bucks! It takes about 30 minutes to drive up there, so it's a big production to get everyone ready, snacks packed and dry clothes to change into.

Today after the lesson, I had to hurry everyone back to Holland's therapy appointment. It takes closer to 40 minutes to get back to where we need to be and I was frustrated because the boys took so long to get ready. It was like waiting for a teenager to finish showering. They were in the boys locker room for about 20 minutes. At least they're clean, right? So, hurry, hurry, everyone dash to the car, get your snacks and seatbelts on. I barely make it to her office in time and when she comes out, she says, "Oops. Looks like I scheduled two families at the same time. You guys flip a coin and figure out who gets to stay." Sheesh. Just what I want to do. Argue my case to a total stranger of why it's a lousy idea for me to come back, or even reschedule. Luckily, she was willing to take her girls to a nearby park and play for the hour and come back. I would have just given up had she not offered to do that. God knew that I couldn't handle any more on my "to do" list today.

No comments: