Tuesday, December 2, 2008

So Long Mr. Telemarketer

This morning during school with Holland, the phone rang. I usually keep the ringer off so we aren't disturbed and can work without him being distracted. The phone downstairs had the ringer on, so I looked at the number. It said "New Jersey". I do not know anyone in New Jersey, so I didn't bother picking it up. Holland thought that Egypt answered it upstairs, but I thought the answering machine came on. We went back to work and then to Costco. When we got home I picked up the phone to dial a number and the screen showed "line in use". Sometimes one of the three phones will get bumped and the Talk button will get pushed. I went upstairs and found the phone call from New Jersey had been left on for 4 1/2 hours! I wonder what that telemarketer did when the line wasn't disconnected!

No comments: