Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Dog

Well, instead of paying for medical necessities, I'll probably be paying for my neighbor's dog to get its leg fixed. Today after lunch I gave Holland permission to go outside and play in the front yard with the neighbor boy. A while later, I got a call from my neighbor across the street. She wanted to know if Holland knew how her dog got hurt. I didn't even know he was in her yard. Apparently kids migrated over to her yard and there were probably 6 or 8 kids in her yard. They were running around, playing with the dog. When she went back there, the dog was limping. She asked him about it and he said he was petting the dog, but he didn't know how the dog got hurt. I got two more phone calls asking if he remembered anything else and I kept saying no. We already knew his memory is terrible. Then I get a call from the husband saying that one of the neighbor girls said Holland was chasing the dog and jumping on it. She is the only one saying this, but what does that matter? They assume that Holland is the one who did it, so I'm sure I'll be paying for this. At least if it was a person that got hurt, I'd only have to pay for what insurance didn't cover.

So not only is he destroying my property but now this involves the neighbors as well.

No comments: