Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Finish It

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is my new motto. Today was not a particularly good day and it actually had nothing to do with Holland. Facebook is a slippery slope and today I experienced something that makes me question whether to be on it or not. I made a comment (innocent in my mind) on someone's post who wasn't feeling particularly loved that day. She felt left out of something and we kind of relate because we are both dealing with special needs kids. Sometimes it can get lonely not being able to do everything that other adult friends get to do. I was just trying to make her feel better. My comment offended someone else. There's no need to go into what was said, but this person has not been able to let it go. I apologized to her. Several times. I deleted the comment so no one else would have to see it. She would not stop emailing me. So I posted something on my Wall that said I was determined to have a good day. And it wouldn't matter that someone was mean to me.

I felt like I was back in high school. I've never had an encounter like this before. I left the comments up there so people could see the conversation and wouldn't think that I was the nut job. Sometimes no matter what you do, it's not enough for some people.

Tomorrow is a new day. I'm done with today; I've done what I could.

No comments: