Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Good Day For Blogging

You know it's going to be a banner day for blogging when you walk into your room and find your 4 year-old standing wide eyed and saying, "I'm sorry." This is what I found in my bathroom after Egypt asked if I would please come to her room with her. I had a really hard time not laughing when I was scolding her. At first I thought she had cut her hair because there were scissors and chunks of blonde hair on the floor. After taking the towel off of her patient, I realized that the hair on the floor was the bear's. And if you notice the bandaids, she covered each spot that she cut with a "Cars" bandage. She even put the mirror on the floor so "Rocky" could look at herself.

This is how I spend my days: trying to make a grumpy 9 year-old do his writing; cleaning up bear hair; unclogging toilets; sweeping old food off the floor and picking up a dirty towel that was shoved under the couch and reeks of milk. It took me about a week to figure out where the smell was coming from. I thought it was one of Romania's stinky shoes. This is why I never feel like cooking dinner. Or cleaning up. Or doing laundry. It's one big hideous cycle of events. Holland has done exactly one page of math today. After his OT appointment and dropping off the shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child, we came home and tried to work. He complained of just about everything. We had tried eliminating one of his meds to see if the gluten-free diet had anything to do with his behavior. He's gone back to his "old" self and is not doing good. So I spent most of the day with a crying, complaining and depressed boy. At one point I gave him a CD audiobook so he could rest on his bed. He listened to one disc and then decided building a lego destroyer ship was way better than schoolwork. Now at 4.45 p.m. he's irritated that I'm making him finish school.

Like I said. Banner day.

No comments: